Are you looking into building a new fence on your property? If so, you probably have a good reason for doing so. Privacy, hiding a street view, keeping your pets safe, security for your pool or keeping pesky critters out are some of the good reasons, but there are even more things to add that having a fence is great for. Here are the top ten reasons to install a fence for your property.
Top 10 Reasons To Install A Fence Around Your Property:
- A Fence Is A Pet Enclosure
- A Fence Keeps Out Wind
- A Fence Gives You Privacy
- A Fence Blocks Street Views
- A Fence Keeps Your Home Safe
- A Fence Marks Your Property
- A Fence Is Pleasing To The Eye
- A Fence Increases The Value Of Your Home
- A Fence Keeps Out Noise
- A Fence Creates A Safe Place For Your Kids
1. It Is A Pet Enclosure
Do you have a pet that can sometimes get a bit out of control? Maybe a fence is exactly what you need. A few questions to start with when consulting with a fencing contractor are: How high can your pet jump? Do they try to escape every time you open the fence? Depending on how small or large your pet is will determine the adequate fence height. If your pet likes to dig holes, you might want to consider making the fence go a bit underground as well.
Another great benefit to think about is that a fence can keep out or shield from nasty winds. In order to maintain a great view and keep the light in your space is to choose glass as the primary material. If you don’t have a nice view to maintain, any material with little to no gaps will help keep out wind. It’s a good idea to keep height in mind as well. It needs to be a few feet higher than the highest point where people will be standing.
3. It Gives Privacy
When talking with your fencing contractor, a solid reason why you want a fence is to gain more privacy for your home. A good way to achieve this is to have little to no space between the boards of your fence, or a closely spaced lattice with some nice climbing plants to fill in the gaps. Make sure you take some time to measure around your property so you get the optimal height for your enclosure. Any fencing contractor will appreciate these details when helping you construct your privacy wall.
4. It Blocks Street Views
If you live in a busy city, suburb or neighborhood and want some peace and quiet, the first place to start is finding the right type of fence. With a fence like this, it might be nice to let some light stream in, so having some gaps between the boards could be a really good thing. Another thing you could do is have a lattice style fence and get some plants to grow upward to fill in some gaps, but still let the light in. Test out some of these options to see which one works best for you and your space.
5. It Keeps Your Home Safe
Security is one of the most important things to consider no matter what part of your home you are working on. A fence is a natural and easy way to protect your home from unwanted intruders. If someone is looking to commit criminal activity, there is a much better chance they will pass by your home if there is a fence that they will need to figure out how to get through. If you have belongings, keepsakes or family that you want to keep safe, installing a fence is the best decision you could make.
6. It Marks Your Property
Land is an important thing. If you have a property with high value and thousands of acres, or even a smaller piece of land, marking where your property starts and ends is a crucial thing. You would be surprised how many disputes and arguments are solved just by having a clear indicator of where someone’s land starts and ends. If you want to avoid these kinds of situations, installing a fence is the best route to take.
7. It’s Pleasing To The Eye
While a lot of these reasons are mostly practical, it’s nice to know that a fence is able to increase the curb appeal of your home as well! There are numerous varieties of color, material, and style of fencing you can choose from to give your home a unique feel that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
8. It Increases The Value Of Your Home
Having a fence around your property can almost certainly increase the value of your home. When families are looking for a new home, they recognize all the benefits that a fence offers and that weighs heavily in their decision. It’s a good idea to invest in a fence now so that you know you will have the benefit of the increased value of your home later on.
9. It Keeps Out Noise
If you live close to the interstate, close to a major road or you just have noisy neighbors, having a fence can make all the difference in the world when it comes to keeping the noise level down. If you want to enjoy quiet evenings in your back yard this summer, just install a fence. The thickness of the perimeter and the enclosure that it creates dampens the sounds from outside areas, giving you a nice quiet oasis in a sea of racket.
10. Creates A Safe Place For Your Kids
There is nothing more precious than your kids. Every parent wants their child to be able to play in a safe environment without the risk of any harm whatsoever coming to them. A fence can provide just that. Traffic, strangers, or stray dogs are just some of the things we want to protect our kids from. With a fence, your kids will be able to play as much as they want while you have peace of mind the entire time.
Those are just some of the big reasons we think installing a fence is great, and we hope you found them helpful in your decision-making process. Consult your nearest fencing contractor for more information on how to get started!
Questions To Ask:
What Materials Should I Use?
- When building a fence, the materials are almost limitless. Some of the options you can choose from are wood, steel, aluminum, vinyl or chain link. The great thing about choosing wood is that it required pretty much no maintenance. It is also available in any height and is able to be painted whatever color you want. This helps a lot with customization for your home.
How Much Will This Cost?
- With so many contractors out there today, you are definitely able to find someone who can make your vision come to life with the budget that you have for the project. Another option is to actually combine different fencing styles to reduce the overall cost. For instance, you could do a wood fence in the front for aesthetic, and a chain-link in the back for the dog.
What Contractor Should I Use?
- While a lot of your friends may claim they know how to install a fence, this kind of project really does require a professional. They are licensed and certified contractors who are ready and available to handle and face any challenges that might come up throughout the installation process. With years of fencing experience, you would be missing out if you didn’t take advantage of their vast knowledge on the craft of fencing.
Will My Neighbors Mind?
- Any time you are doing a permanent change on your property, it’s a good idea and common courtesy to inform your neighbor about the installation you will be making. There may be some unforeseen issues that your neighbor can shed light on that would be really helpful to the contractor doing the installation. As a plus, you are able to keep a long-lasting and healthy relationship with them for years to come.